Submarine Safety and HSE Standards
Our commitment to Health, Safety & Environmental Standards (HSE) extends beyond our office, work space, and expedition settings. OceanGate's culture of operational safety and good corporate citizenship demands integrity, attention to detail, concern for the natural environment, and support of the local communities in which we all work and live from all employees at all times. OceanGate's pledge to continuously improve client deliverables makes this company a unique partner and service provider for the subsea market. We design every submersible engagement to provide operational excellence and adhere to strict HSE protocols.
Manned submersibles are one of the safest vehicles on the planet.
See these manned submersible safety statistics compiled by the Marine Technology Society’s Manned Underwater Vehicle Committee.
OceanGate’s team of professionals is committed to developing submersible vehicles, products and services consistent with these aims:
- Pursuing the goal of keeping clients and employees safe
- Protecting the environment
- Using material and energy efficiently to provide our products and services
- Openly sharing information on our HSE performance and practices
- Playing a leading role in promoting best practices in our industry
- Managing HSE matters like any other critical business activity
- Promoting a culture in which all OceanGate employees share this commitment
In this way, we intend to demonstrate exemplary HSE performance, to earn the confidence of customers, shareholders and society at large, to be a good neighbor, and to contribute to the sustainable development and stewardship of the blue ocean economy.
Our HSE Policy
- Has a systematic approach to HSE management, designed to ensure compliance with the law and to achieve continuous performance improvement
- Measures, appraises and reports performance and sets targets for improvement
- Requires contractors to manage to all company HSE guidelines and policies
- Requires joint ventures under its operational control to apply this policy and uses its influence to promote this policy in its other ventures
- Includes HSE performance in the appraisal of staff and rewards accordingly